We Sing the Body Electric!

Yesterday evening, as I sat waiting for my compatriots Jeremy and Nick to join me for a sunny beer and some food at Chow on Church and Market, I read a brilliant article about how the union between man and machine, oft portrayed by pop culture as a negative and potentially armageddon-inducing alliance, can and should be viewed instead as something altogether positive and perfect; a true and right way for us humans to unlock our potential glory.

Interstingly, the article quoted something I remember reading a long time ago and haven't really thought about since: Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass, particularly Title 19 and its opening line "I sing the body electric." 

So, I'm going to cut right to the chase here and tell you that this article kicked my ass all over the place.  Oddly enough, as I considered what it would truly mean to sing my body electric, I instantly thought of this MOTHERFUCKING BLOG--the particular meeting of man and machine that has been stewing in my head for so goddamn long that it's literally painful.

And so it is thanks to Time Magazine's combined review of Iron Man and Speed Racer (I shit you not), that I give you, this deplorably beautiful blog.

Godspeed!

No comments: