kristin wiig - the new best reason to watch snl (on hulu)

The other day while soldering through an awesomely unplanned holy-crap-there's-so-much-funny-shit-online video clip binge I arrived at one with the chunky and horribly over-coloned title: "Saturday Night Live: Update: Bjork". Of course that was enough to tell me that someone on the SNL apparently had the balls to try and do a Bjork impression on Weekend Update. "Good luck with that one," I thought, as Hulu graciously served me up some perfectly streamed, unobtrusively advertised goodness.

And then as the the first moments rolled I realized that it was Kristen Wiig sitting there next to Seth that little Bjork-when-she's-all-girly outfit and I thought, "fuck, this is going to be awesome." And it so was.

Kristen Wiig has been steadily lighting up SNL for some time now but it's only in more recent days, with the departure of Amy "God-Your-So-Perfect-and-Hot-and-Funny" Poehler, that her screen time has been so copious that you get to see how goddamn versatile this woman is, jumping around from spot on character to way-way-way-different-yet-still-totally-spot-on character.

I'm going to go ahead and say (type) it here folks, she's got what it takes to join the Will Farrell, Mike Meyers, Christ Rock, Adam Sandler, Etc. Etc. club. Check these clips out and if you disagree, post your comments and I will take your ass down.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was shocked to read this - that woman drives me flippin nuts! I'm glad she has a fan out there, but I can't stand watching her. She's over the top in the same way in every skit and it makes me want to punch a wall!
Sorry!

-Kimberly