WE SING THIS LIFE ELECTRIC!

Fucking hell. There is no phrase more perfect for the way the last month has panned out. For me, it began on the heels of the worst kind of news twice over; two friends of mine -- one from high school, one from college -- both wiped off the face of the Earth after 30 years with not a spec of sense attached to either event.

This being 2008 and all, the resulting fall-out of both tragedies has been a post-millennial mind-fuck of epic proportions. Traces of two once-thriving and vivid lives can be seen right now in bright, clean white and pastel blues, sliding into the digital ether, by anybody with a Facebook account. Fucking hell.

Cut then to the madness of the later half of this month. As I type this, the chills that shiver up my spine as I consider the Obama election nearly overwhelm; it's just that amazing. Smashed on top of that came the most indescribably wonderful event of all: my mom BEAT CANCER. Fucking hell!

These deplorable and beautiful events arrived on my personal timeline, mangled together within days of each other, with what I can only can describe as an electric…

POP!

ZOOM!

ZAP!

KERPLOW!


So where does all this blood and sunshine leave me? Once again thinking about Whitman’s Leaves of Grass, and this MOTHERFUCKING BLOG, and how it’s time to ratchet it up, and sing not just our bodies, but our lives, electric.

Welcome to the new DEPLORABLE/BEAUTIFUL.

1 comment:

Tracie Broom said...

holy hell! nice looking new d/b, btw.